The Butterfly Project
GMFCU’s year-round community service project, The Butterfly Project, is run by a group of employees who are dedicated to giving back to their community. The name pays homage to the Butterfly Effect Theory, which states something as small as butterflies have the power to create something much larger than itself. Our project’s motto is “No act too small” serves as a reminder that even a small act can grow beyond measure.
If you would like to learn more about The Butterfly Project please email email@example.com.
Who benefits from the butterfly project?
For the 2016 holiday season we will be supporting the following charities:
- ALIVE-Alternatives to Living in Violent Environments
- AMBUCS- Veterans Initiative
- Connections to Success
How can I give back?
This holiday season our employees will be selling a variety of products only available in the branches from November to January with all proceeds going towards The Butterfly Project.
- $1 - Butterfly Ornaments: Take home your handmade butterfly ornament to remember your contribution to The Butterfly Project. Butterfly ornaments will be sold December 1st through January 6th.
- $1 - Butterflies and Stockings: Your name will be added to a paper butterfly or stocking and hung in the branch to honor your donation. Butterflies and stockings have been decorated by students at our partner schools, Christ Light of the Nations and Our Lady of Guadalupe. Butterflies and stockings will be sold from November 18th through January 6th.
- $12 - Butterfly Project T-shirt: Our T-shirts will be available in sizes S-XL with limited sizes of 2XL and 3XL. If you’re buying more than one shirt or want to inquire about the availability of a size please call 314-621-4575 x152 to ensure we have stock at the correct branch. T-shirts will be sold December 1st through January 6th or until supplies last.
- $25 - 50/50 Raffle Tickets: Our 50/50 Raffle drawing will be held Friday, December 16, at 3PM. The credit union will notify the winner by phone/email. Winnings may be subject to a 1099 form. We’re only selling a limited number of tickets so get them before they’re gone! 50/50 tickets will be sold November 18th through December 16th.
Thank you for your past generosity. We look forward to making 2016 our most charitable year yet!